While claiming your insurance you will be required to submit a set of proof documents to the insurance company to help them verify the authenticity of your claim and compatibility with the policy criteria.
Therefore, keep in mind the following key documents to be submitted depending on the insurance policy you chooseFor Health you will mandatorily require:
- Original Policy Document
- Copy of Bank Passbook or Bank Statement
- Your statement as a claimant
- Doctor's certificate or any family physician's certificates
- Copy of medical records
- Bills in case of not using cashless facility
- Prescriptions and related medical papers pertaining to the treatment at hand
On verifying your proof documents and validating the claim as per the terms and conditions of the policy, the insurer will pay your claim or provide replacement, depending on the type of insurance and the nature of your issue.
Be well-informed about your policy. This could help you with what to expect at the time of filing for a claim. This would also save you last minute surprises, undue stress and unwarranted conflicts with the insurance provider.